Deep Dental Cleaning in Grand Prairie
Affordable Deep Teeth Cleaning
- Do you not visit the dentist frequently?
- Are your gums red and swollen with pain?
- Do you feel your teeth are shaking?
Professional cleaning has been advised to be performed by a dentist/dental hygienist twice in a year by the American Academy of General Dentistry. For adults who do not visit dentists on a regular basis, there might be an increased accumulation of plaque and tartar build-up on the teeth as well as the roots. So, scaling and root planning (deep cleaning) is generally advised for these individuals.
Gum Cleaning Treatment in Grand Prairie:
When Do You Need a Deep Cleaning?
- Increased tartar buildup on the teeth as well as the roots.
- Adults who do not frequently visit a dentist for professional cleaning.
- Early-Moderate stage of gum disease.
How is the Deep Cleaning Performed?
- The area to be deep cleaned is made numb with a local anesthetic.
- The dentist uses specialized manual or ultrasonic instruments to remove the tartar on the teeth.
- The roots are also cleaned by removing the softer and infected cementum, to heal the gum tissues.
What is the After-Care?
- In the deep cleaning appointment, the bacteria in the region between your teeth and gums are removed, and the gums will get healthier.
- Your dentist will prescribe a toothpaste and mouthwash to reduce the bacterial load in your mouth.
American Academy of Periodontology suggests that every adult should receive a periodontal evaluation every year. Additional treatment may be necessary, apart from professional dental cleaning, to sustain healthy periodontal tissues around the tooth. So, book an appointment today to get your periodontal evaluation at Fresh Family Dental Clinic.