Tooth Colored Fillings in Grand Prairie
Tooth colored filling
What is a Tooth-colored Filling?
Tooth-colored fillings are designed to match the color of your teeth and are known as composites. They look and react like natural teeth. They are used to:
- Mimic the natural appearance of tooth structure.
- Restore teeth that have been fractured or decayed.
- Cosmetically enhance the color, size, and shape of teeth.
How Long Do Tooth-Colored Fillings Last?
While they are cosmetically appealing, tooth-colored fillings typically last approximately 5 years, whereas silver fillings can last about 10 years. But silver fillings cannot be used in the teeth which come under the smile line, and only tooth-colored fillings are preferred in that area.
How Is It Done?
It takes longer to place a composite filling when compared to the silver one. To place a tooth-colored filling, the area must be dry and free of saliva while filling the cavity.
- Food or drinks like tea, coffee has pigments (chromogens) that can stain the outer surface of the teeth called enamel.
- Fear of dentists in general which is usually due to a bad experience in the past.
- Fear of embarrassment where they feel that the dentist might judge them or lecture about the oral hygiene.
- Fear of pain due to the dental procedures.
- Fear of losing control due to fear of the dentist or lack of trust in the dentist.
Are Tooth Colored Fillings Better Than Silver?
- More natural-looking.
- Attractive restorations.
- They can be used in either front or back teeth whereas silver fillings can only be used in the back teeth.
- Similar durability to silver fillings.
- Blends with your smile and strengthens your teeth.
- Numerous shade options to match your natural teeth.
In a society driven by bright and white teeth, it is natural for people to want fillings that blend with their natural teeth. Visit Fresh Family Dental Clinic for tooth-colored fillings today!