Even though brushing and flossing every day can make your teeth bright and healthy, sometimes, you might still feel that your teeth are lacking the sparkle. Teeth whitening is the treatment of choice for improving the brightness and shade of your teeth. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, most people expressed a desire for whiter teeth.
What Makes Your Teeth Change Color?
- Food or drinks like tea, and coffee have pigments (chromogens) that can stain the outer surface of the teeth called enamel.
- Tar and nicotine found in tobacco cause severe staining on the teeth.
- With age, the layer underlying enamel known as the dentin is much more visible due to tooth wear, and the teeth appear yellowish in color.
- Trauma can cause damage to the blood vessels in the tooth, and it can result in a brownish color of the injured tooth.
What Are the Ways Bleaching Can Be Done?
- Stain removal toothpaste
- At-home bleaching
- In-office bleaching
- Over-the-counter bleaching products
Whitening cannot work on all teeth, so it is imperative to talk to your dentist before deciding it to whiten your teeth. We at Fresh Family Dental Clinic offer you a complete one-stop solution to brightening your teeth, and the experts will guide you on the do’s and don’ts of the process.